The Assemblies of God Theological Seminary (AGTS) is accredited by 1) The Association of Theological Schools (ATS) in the United States and Canada and 2) The Higher Learning Commission, (HLC) which is a member of the North Central Association, the regional accrediting agency of the North Central states.
AGTS has been accredited with ATS since 1992 and HLC since 1978 and was last awarded accreditation with each in 2001. In order to complete the 10-year reaccreditation process, AGTS has completed an in-depth self-study and has produced a written report that illustrates how the seminary meets the standards of ATS and the criterion of HCL. On March 14-16, 2011, the school will undergo a comprehensive evaluation visit by a team made up of representatives from each of these accrediting agencies. This team will gather evidence to determine that the self-study report is accurate and thorough.
We invite you to review the Self-Study Report and to comment on the report and/or AGTS to either ATS or HLC.
Steering Committee Members
Chairperson: Dr. Steve Lim, Academic Dean
Consultant: Dr. Marilyn Abplanalp
- Dennis Franck, AG National Director of Young Adults and Single Adults (alumnus, denominational leader
- Dr. Elizabeth Grant, Executive Presbyter, General Council of the Assemblies of God (alumna, denominational leader, faculty member)
- Dr. Byron Klaus, AGTS President (administration)
- Dr. Charles McKinney, retired university administrator (lay leader, Board of Directors)
- Mr. Dan Morrison (student, former President of Student Advisory Council)
- Dr. Doug Oss (faculty member)
HLC Criteria and ATS Standards
Comment to Higher Learning Commision Directly
Comment to Association of Theological Schools
Thursday, February 24, 2011 2:43 PM