and Information for the AGTS Community
- Wednesday, October 11, 10:30 a.m., in the William Seymour
- Dr. Johnson will be installed as the first J. Philip Hogan
Chair for World Missions.
- Faculty and administration will be in full academic regalia.
- Everyone is invited to a reception in the Great Hall, immediately
following the service.
Off-Road Disciplines Seminar
Fourth Annual Alumni Phonathon
Thanks to everyone who helped make the 2006 Phonathon a huge success! We appreciate
all the student callers, the alumni who made financial commitments,
and faculty and staff who provided meals, goodies, and prayer support.
Dan Betzer Scholarship Initiative
Thank you to Rev. Thomas Trask, the Assemblies of God General Council,
and especially the General Presbytery for committing over $370,000
to help us eliminate our long-term debt and enable us to provide
scholarships to our students.
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- October 6-9—Port Ludlow, Washington, Missions Convention
- October 15—Bethel Temple, Parma, Ohio, Missions Convention
- October 16-19—Garmisch, Germany, Military Chaplains
- October 24-26—ATS Task Force, Chicago, Illinois
- Tuesday, October 17 at 6:00 p.m. in the Student Lounge
- Students will be given the opportunity to interact and get
personally acquainted with a spot-lighted AGTS professor.
- Space is limited to 25 students Sign-up sheet available
in the Student Lounge.
AGTS Women’s Fiesta Night
- Friday, October 6—7-9 p.m. at AGTS
- All women from the AGTS Community are invited to attend a
jam-packed evening of fun and fellowship.
- Enjoy munchies, dessert, special guest and great door prizes
- Childcare provided by Central Assembly of God. Reservation
required—by Noon, Thursday, October 5.
- To RSVP attendance or childcare needs, contact Norma Davies
at 268-1000 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jan Maempa—email@example.com or 268-1014
Simmons—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1070
Attention Fall Graduates
- Monday, November 6
- Comprehensive examination date
- Deadline for analytical reflection paper
Spring 2007 Practicums
Students must apply and register for class credit
BEFORE doing a practicum; credit will no longer be
- given for those requesting credit after completing a
- October 11-14—Schedule interview with practicum
- Pick up practicum form from Norma Simmons, faculty
- Counseling practicum applicants must complete the required
application and present proof of malpractice insurance
Fall Study Week
- Students are encouraged to use this week to read, study
and write papers.
Juliann Senff—email@example.com or 268-1081
Spiritual Formation Requirement
If you are a returning student and did not meet with Dr.
Jay Taylor last semester to go over your Christian Life Profile
test or the Wagner-Modified Houts Questionnaire, please contact
the Student Services Office to schedule this 30
minute appointment with Dr. Taylor. Pick up the Wagner-Modified
Houts Questionnaire from the Student Services Office.
- If you are a new student and have not made your 30
minute appointment with Dr. Taylor, please see Student Services
Office to set up the appointment to go over your Christian Life
- What better way to de-stress during mid-term exams than to
enjoy a SAC lunch?
- Students are invited to enjoy a relaxing SAC lunch on Monday,
October 30--11:45 a.m.- 1 p.m. in the Great Hall.
Daylight Savings Time Ends
Don’t forget to turn your clock back an hour on Saturday
night, October 29.
Sarah Clark—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1025
Register to Graduate in April 2007
If you plan to complete all your degree requirements between now
and August 2007, please register to graduate in the Registrar’s
Office by October 31.
- The Registrar’s Office routinely sends messages via
- To ensure that you don’t miss any important notices
and/or announcements, be sure to notify the office if your email
address changes (email@example.com).
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1028
Important Deadline for Spring Loans
- Priority consideration deadline: November 3
- Final deadline: November 20
- The following documents must be received in the Financial
Aid Office by the deadline to receive Financial Aid:
- Free Application for Federal Student
- Financial Aid Application/Student Loan Data Sheet
- Certification Statement Sheet
- Federal Stafford Loan Master Promissory Note (new students
- If you have further questions, please contact Flo Byerly in
the Financial Aid Office at 268-1028.
Late Fall Stafford Loan Applications
- Deadline: October 10
- Complete the FAFSA online at www.Fafsa.ed.gov
- Turn in Financial Aid paperwork to the Financial Aid Office
Jeff Dorn—email@example.com or 268-1035
- The second deferred payment date is October 15.
- Payments must be received on or before this date to avoid
a $25 monthly late fee.
- Scholarships and tuition discounts for the fall term posted
to student accounts in mid-September.
- Please review your next billing statement carefully.
- If you are expecting an award for the fall and it does not
appear on your statement or if the amount shown seems incorrect,
please contact the Business Office as soon as possible.
- Students and staff may park vehicles on the north, south and
west parking lots of the main seminary building or on the paved
portions of the O'Reilly gym.
- Please do not park on the grass or in visitor spaces.
- Violators are subject to a $10 parking fine.
Ministry by Faculty
Dr. Johan Mostert
- Spoke at the Compassions Ministries Forum in Dallas, Texas—August
- This was the first time that everyone involved in relief
and development ministries within AGWM gathered to confer together.
- Received a scholarship to attend a conference on
Faith, Economics and Freedom from Acton University in Grand Rapids,
Dr. Stephen Lim
- Preached revival meetings and conducted leadership training
at the Chinese Assembly of God in Salt Lake City—August
Dr. Joseph Castleberry
- Traveled to Paraguay to be the keynote preacher for the
Congress of Latin American Youth Leaders—September 18-23.
- Traveled to Seville, Spain to teach and attend the Board of
Directors meeting for the European Theological Seminary—September
Outstanding Research & Writing
Earl Creps recently released his new
book entitled, Off-Road Disciplines: Spiritual
Leaders. (San Francisco, CA:
Jennifer Berry—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1031
The enrollment team welcomes Matt Jernigan as our new full-time
- October 6—Ashland University, Ohio
- October 19-20—Bethany University, California
Matt Jernigan’s Travels
- October 18—University of Arkansas Chi Alpha
- October 19—College of the Ozarks graduate fair
- October 23—North Central University, Minneapolis, Minnesota
- October 24—Northwestern College graduate fair
- October 19—Rachel Worley and Jen Berry will be at Evangel
Word of Mouth Referrals
If you have any friends or family who might be interested in AGTS,
please stop by the Enrollment Office and let us know. We
would be happy to provide
them with further information.
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:22 AM