and Information for the AGTS Community
AGTS Christmas Banquet
- Saturday, December 1, 6-8 p.m. at the Evangel University Dining Hall
- Enjoy a time of fun, food and fellowship as the AGTS community celebrates the birth of our Savior and Lord.
- Wednesday, December 12 on the AGTS Balcony
- Celebrate the completion of your final exams by enjoying a time of fellowship with AGTS faculty, administration, and staff.
Rescheduled Hogan Lecture
- The final Hogan lecture, originally schedule for December 4, has been rescheduled for Thursday, February 12 at 10:30 a.m.
Final Exam Schedule
- Monday - Friday, December 10-14
- You are invited to a community reception to celebrate 16 years of faithful ministry at AGTS by Drs. Paul and Dene Wood.
- Wednesday, December 19 at 2 p.m. on the AGTS Balcony.
Jan Maempa—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—email@example.com or 268-1070
Spring Lectureship Series
- January 15-17—Three chapel services plus several classes
- Speaker: Dr. Craig Keener, Ph.D. in New Testament and Christian Origins from Duke University and author of a number of books and articles.
- Watch for further details.
Sarah Clark—firstname.lastname@example.org or
New Email or Local Address?
- Updated contact information can be submitted directly to the Registrar’s Office (email@example.com) or via the AGTS Student Portal.
- If you have not yet registered for classes in the spring semester, plan to do so before January 4.
- Missed the October 31 deadline?
- Stop by the Registrar’s Office immediately if you are planning to graduate in spring or summer 2008
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1028
Loan Exit Interview
- Exit interview session is for any current AGTS student who has received Federal Stafford loans while attending AGTS who:
- Graduates in December 2007
- Enrolls for less than 6 hours in spring 2008
- Is not returning for the spring 2008 semester
- Plan to attend the exit interview if you meet the above criteria:
- Wednesday, December 5, 1:30 p.m., Room 228
- If you have any questions as to whether or not you should attend the Exit Interview, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—email@example.com or 268-1035
New Business Office Hours
- Beginning December 3, the Business Office will be closing at 4 p.m. each day.
- During key times of the year, such as registration and the beginning of the semester, the office will remain open until 4:30 as needs dictate.
- Please make sure your student account is up to date by the end of the fall semester.
- Students whose accounts are not paid in full will not be permitted to enroll for any subsequent semesters until their outstanding balance has been paid in full.
Christmas Holiday Building Hours
- Please make special note of the building hours during the last half of the month of December
- Friday,Dec. 14—7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Sat.,Dec. 15—9 a.m.-Noon
- Sun., Dec. 16—Closed
- Mon.-Fri., Dec. 17-21—7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Sat.-Mon., Dec. 22-Jan. 1—Closed
- Regular building hours resume on Tuesday, January 2.
Mary Miramonti—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1012
- Al and Darlene Palm traveled to Oklahoma City, Oklahoma for the 2007 Oklahoma District Council. They made great contacts with both AGTS alumni and donors
Treasa Edmond—email@example.com or 268-1081
Christmas Holiday Library Hours
- Holiday hours for Friday, December 14 –Friday, December 21 and Wednesday, January 2-Friday, January 4
- Monday-Friday— 8 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Library will be closed Monday, December 25 – Monday, January 1
- Regular library hours will resume on Saturday, January 5.
- Dr. Deborah Gill
- October 15-19—Took two advanced courses in Coaching from the Columbia Partnership: “The Language of Coaching,” and “The Coach Approach to Evangelism and Discipleship.”
- October 21—Sunday morning, spoke at Community of Christ Church, Springfield, Missouri
- November 2—Spoke in Hershey, Pennsylvania for the Penn-Del District Women’s and Girls Ministries.
- November 18—Sunday morning, spoke at Bella Vista AG in Arkansas.
- Dr. DeLonn Rance
- September 18-20—Johannesburg, South Africa, speaker on missions mobilization for a special Minister’s Institute/General Council of the International Assemblies of God of South Africa. National leadership has committed to sending missionaries to unreached.
- October 12-18—participated in the Second Summit of National Executives for the Assemblies of God of Latin America; also involved in developing a proposal to redesign the curriculum for ministerial training for Latin America.
- October 19-20—Lectured on developing leadership for the third millennium for a conference on the Holy Spirit and Education sponsored by the Latin American Bible Institute, San Antonio, Texas, the Association of Night Bible Institutes, and AGTS.
- November 19-23—taught missionary candidates in Buenos Aires, Argentina the course, “Pentecostal Theology of Leadership Development.”
- Dr. Cheryl Taylor
- November 13-15—preached in three chapel services for the Relationships Seminar at North Central University in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Also, taught a seminar and spoke in several classes.
- Dr. Stephen Lim
- Published two articles, “The Root of Envy: What the Bible Has to Say About It” and “What Does It Mean to Seek the Kingdom of God and His Righteousness?” in Today’s Pentecostal Evangel, August 19, 2007.
- Dr. Lois Olena
- Published two poems, “The Archivist” and “Homeland,” in Blood to Remember: American Poets on the Holocaust, by Time Being Books, Inc.
- For additional Holocaust poetry by Dr. Olena, go to newantisemitism.org/about.html
Thursday, May 27, 2010 11:26 AM