and Information for the AGTS Community
- Thursday, August 30 at 10:30 a.m. in the Chapel
- President Byron Klaus will be preaching and communion will be served.
- Bring your family for this time of celebration and worship.
Welcome New Faculty Member
- On Wednesday, October 10 at 10:30 a.m. Dr. Mark Hausfeld will be installed as the 2007 J. Philip Hogan Professor of World Missions. Everyone is invited to a reception in the Great Hall immediately following the service.
- Dr. Hausfeld will present two additional lectures:
- Wednesday, November 14, 2:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 4, 1:30 p.m.
Study Tour to Israel
- AGTS is offering a Study Tour to Israel with optional Jordan extension—May 8-31, 2008.
- Course study is provided through Jerusalem University College and can be transferred back to AGTS.
- Dr. Debbie Gill will travel with students on this exciting tour.
- The Board of Directors are involved in providing scholarship funding for this study tour.
- Contact Norma Simmons, Faculty Secretary at 268-1070, after Labor Day for further details.
- Students interested in missions are invited to join in the missions convention at First Assembly at Des Moines, Iowa, October 20-25.
- Church covers all expenses and provides housing.
- If interested, contact DeLonn Rance at 268-1078 or email@example.com
5th Annual Alumni Phonathon
- Would you like dinner, a cool AGTS t-shirt, gift certificates to area restaurants, hair salons, auto repair shops and video stores, as well as a chance to win a $300 scholarship?
- Sign up today for the 5th Annual Alumni Phonathon on September 10 & 11, 5-10 p.m. to make calls to AGTS alumni and raise scholarship funds.
- In addition to the great free stuff listed above, you will earn 15% of every dollar you raise to go toward your student account.
- This is a great opportunity to get together with classmates, connect with alumni, and make a difference in your seminary.
- Contact Mary or Paul in the Development Office—268-1012 or firstname.lastname@example.org or drop in to sign up.
- Saturday, September 8, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. at Smith Park, directly west of AGTS on Division Street
- Inflatable toys, tug of war, sack races, face painting, food, and lots of fun
- Complimentary hot dogs, burgers and beverages will be provided.
- Individuals with last names beginning with:
- A-M, bring side dish
- N-Z, bring dessert
Jan Maempa—email@example.com or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1070
Attention Fall Graduates
- Comprehensive examination date/analytical reflection paper deadline: Monday, November 5.
- Contact Norma Simmons for further information—268-1070.
Fall Final Exam Week
- Monday-Friday, December 10-14
Counseling Practicum Lab
- Counseling practicum lab will be held on Tuesdays from 4:30-5:30 p.m. in Room 114.
- First practicum lab is Tuesday, September 4.
Global Missions Track Practicums
- Designed for students interested in cross-cultural ministry and fits most AGTS degree programs
- Contact Dr. Warren Newberry about
- a GMT foreign or domestic practicum
- Study at a foreign seminary in the completion of your AGTS program
- Must finalize Spring 2007 Practicum in Intercultural Ministry I: August 30-September 7
Practicums for Spring 2008
- Must be approved/processed September 25-28 or October 9-12.
- Pick up application forms from Norma Simmons, or if a counseling practicum, from Valerie Rance.
- Make appointment to see the appropriate practicum professor.
Fall Library Hours
- Mon.-Wed.—8:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
- Thursday— 8:00 a.m.-10:30 p.m.
- Friday—8:00 a.m.-10:00 p.m.
- Saturday—10:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
Any exceptions to this schedule will be posted in advance. Please note the Library will be closed on Labor Day, Monday, September 3 and will resume regular hours on Tuesday, September 4.
- New Student Library Orientation—Tuesday, September 4 at 2:30 p.m. in the Library—meet at circulation desk.
- Learn Turabian formatting with Dr. Railey.
- Tuesday, September 4, 4:30 p.m., Room 116
One-Credit Weekend Courses for Fall
- PTH 626—Conflict Resolution in the Church—Dr. Cheryl Taylor
- PTH 614—Hospital Ministry—Dr. Larry Cooper
Treasa Edmond—email@example.com or 268-1081
- Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 4:30 p.m.
- Evenings and Saturdays
- All other times
Student Counseling Available
- Counseling is available for currently enrolled students.
- To arrange appointments, contact the counseling secretary (268-1085) or the faculty secretary (268-1070).
- Students are invited to join The Forum, an informal fellowship time to get personally acquainted with an AGTS professor.
- Friday, September 28, 6:30-8 p.m. in the Student Lounge
- RSVP is requested—contact SAC office, 268-1066
Gym Membership at Evangel
- Check at the Evangel Gym for more details.
- To schedule an appointment with faculty:
- Sign up on the appointment forms posted beside faculty members’ office door.
- Call Norma Simmons, faculty secretary, at 268-1070.
Other Upcoming Events
- Pastor in Residence Week—The week of November 5, Dr. Doug Green, pastor of North Hills Church in Brea, California, will be the pastor in residence.
- “What Not to Wear” Fall Girls Night Out—Friday, October 5, 7-9 p.m. in the Great Hall. Childcare will be provided.
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1035
Fall 2006 Fee Schedule
- Deferred Payment Fee—Accounts not paid in full on or before the first day of class will be charged a deferred payment fee of $50.
- Late payment Fee—All past due accounts will be charged a $25 per month late fee.
- Full Cash Payment Discount—Accounts paid in full on or before the first day of class will receive a 1% discount on the net tuition. Net tuition is the full tuition charge less tuition discounts and institutional scholarships.
Deferred Payment Schedule
- Deferred payments must be made on or before the following dates in order to avoid $25 per month late fee:
- August 27
- October 15
- November 15
Labor Day Weekend Schedule
- The building will be open the following times during the holiday weekend
- Friday, August 31— 7 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Saturday, September 1—10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday, September 2—Closed
- Monday, September 3— Closed
- Regular building hours will resume on Tuesday, September 4.
Photo ID for New Students
- If you have not yet had your student ID picture taken, please make arrangements with the Business Office as soon as possible.
2007 Phonathon Business Donors
Check out all the donors for the phonathon!
- ABC Books
- A Touch of Sun Tanning
- Aasby Automotive
- Acambaro Mexican Restaurant
- Beauty First
- Big O Tires
- Blockbuster Video
- Borders Books
- Buckingham’s BBQ
- Cassils Coffee Café
- Century Buffet
- Cici’s Pizza
- Colton’s Steakhouse and Grill
- Crosstown BBQ
- Dairy Scoops and Deli
- El Maguey Family Video
- Gem of India
- George’s Restaurant
- Golden Corral
- Great Clips
- Kaldi’s Coffee House
- Kinney Billiards
- Lifeway Christian Stores
- Lighthouse Lanes
- Mr. Goodcents
- Nan-K Hair Design
- Oxygen Salon & Spa
- Panera Bread
- Papa Murphy’s
- Perkins Family Restaurant
- Pineapple Whip
- Pizza Inn
- Red Robin
- Rib Crib
- San Francisco Oven
- Standing Ovation
- Steak & Shake
- Steward Auto Service
- Studio 417
- Wehrenberg Theatres
- Ziggy’s Cafe
Sarah Clark—email@example.com or
- Grades for the summer semester have been posted and may be accessed through the Student Portal (www.agts.edu/estudent).
Last Day to Drop/Add
- Deadline: Monday, September 10
- Secure change of schedule forms in the Registrar’s Office.
Free Audit for Spouses
- Spouses of full-time seminarians can audit one class this fall free of charge. Register in the Registrar's Office before September 10.
- You can download the "Student Spouse Registration for Unofficial Audit" form at www.agts.edu/apply/unofficial_spouse_audit.pdf
New E-Mail or Local Address?
- Contact the Registrar’s Office to update your contact information
Register to Graduate in May 2008
- Deadline: October 31
- If you plan to complete all your degree requirements anytime between now and August 2008, contact Sarah Clark, 268-1025 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—email@example.com or 268-1028
Perkins Loan Awards
- Deadline to accept or decline a Perkins award: September 10.
- After September 10, the Financial Aid Office will award those monies to other students needing funds.
The following AGTS members received recognition from the Alliance for AG Higher Education for outstanding service:
- James D. Hernando (25 years) Delta Sigma Educator Award—recognizes faculty members who have distinguished themselves by faithful, committed service for 25-35 years as educators
- James H. Railey (27 years) Delta Alpha Distinguished Educator Award—recognizes professors who have distinguished themselves by consistent excellence in teaching and have made an outstanding contribution and lifetime commitment to Christian higher education in the Assemblies of God.
- Joseph F. Marics (21 years) Omicron Pi Administrator Award—recognizes committed serve for 20-30 years as an administrator
- DeLonn Rance
- Taught a one-week intensive course entitled, “Pentecostal Theology of Leadership Development” at CINCEL in San Jose, Costa Rica, May 21-25
- Coordinated and translated for the Institute for Islamic Studies for Latin America at the Missionary Training Center in El Salvador, May 28-June 8.
- Angela Reid
- Attended the annual Missouri Association for Play Therapy conference with noted play therapist, author and professor, Dr. Garry Landreth, Springfield, Missouri, July 20-21.
- Edgar Lee
- Taught “Lucan Pneumatology” at the West Africa Advanced School of Theology in Lome, Togo, June 25-July 6.
- Taught “Pentecostal Spirituality and Ministry” at Asia Pacific Theological Seminary in Baguio City, Philippines, August 13-17.
- Roger Cotton
- Preached in two churches in Wisconsin and Northern Michigan, June.
- Debbie Gill
- Spoke on women in ministry during a three-city tour in India. In addition, she spoke in local churches and for the AG Academic Professionals Conference, May 25-June 10
- Reconnaissance trip for “Rome and Paleo-Christianity” Study Tour, June 10-25.
- Morning Bible teacher for Ohio Great Family Adventure,July 1-6.
- Plenary speaker for West Indies Christian Education and Discipleship Conference as well as ministry in local churches in Trinidad, August 1-5.
- Morning devotions speaker for Christians for Biblical Equality, International Conference, Denver, Colorado, August 10-12.
Outstanding Research &Writing
- Debbie Gill—God’s Women—Then and Now, was released in India in its 2nd English and 1st Tamil translation (by Authentic Media, OM Publishers, 2007). Its accompanying Study Guide was released in six languages in India and in English in the U.S. (Grace & Truth, 2007).
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:22 AM