and Information for the AGTS Community
Final Hogan Lectureship
- Tuesday, February 12 at 10:30 a.m. in the Chapel
- Topic: Islam in America: Developing Strategy to Reach Diaspora Muslims through the Local Church (Pt. II)
- When: February 8-10
- Where: The Assumption Abbey in Ava, Missouri
- Retreat will center around the traditions, theology and practical tips for silence, solitude and prayer.
- See Treasa in the Student Services office or call 268-1081.
Each One Pray One
- Coming in March!
- Prayer campaign on March 10 and 11, 9 a.m.-9 p.m.
- We anticipate each member of the AGTS Community (students, staff, faculty, administration) to commit at least one hour to call and pray for AGTS alumni.
- Your participation can make a difference in someone’s life.
- See Paul or Mary in the Development Office to sign up and reserve your space today!
AGTS Women’s Event
- All women from the AGTS community are invited to attend an evening of fun and fellowship.
- Friday, February 1, 7-9 p.m. at AGTS
- Enjoy a light soup supper.
- Childcare facilitated at Central Assembly—RESERVATION REQUIRED!
- RSVP your attendance and childcare needs by noon, Thursday, January 31.
- Call Norma Davies at 268-1000 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
Incredible Pizza Night
- Monday, February 11 at 6 p.m.
- All students, faculty and staff and their families are invited to join in an evening of fun and fellowship as a Community!
- There is no cost for AGTS community members to attend this event.
- The evening includes an unlimited pizza buffet and drinks. Each participant will also receive a $5 game card to enjoy.
- Sign up in the Student Lounge.
AGTS Golf Tournament
- Thursday, May 1 at 1 p.m. at Rivercut Golf Course
- All proceeds will go to student scholarships.
- Special pricing available for AGTS alumni and students. Contact Paul or Mary in the Development Office for more details.
Jan Maempa—email@example.com or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1070
Fall 2008 Practicums
- Fall practicums (excluding Intercultural Ministry practicums) must be approved and processed by February 5-8.
- Applications are available from Norma Simmons.
Attention Spring Graduates
- Comprehensive examinations and the deadline for submitting analytical reflection papers is Monday, March 10.
- Guidelines are available at www.agts.edu
- Contact Norma Simmons for further information.
Spring Study Week
- Mark your calendar for Spring Study Week: February 25-29
- Use this week to catch up on reading and writing papers.
Sarah Clark—email@example.com or
Registrar’s Office needs your email address
- Are you receiving AGTS information via email? If not, contact the Registrar’s Office with your current
- See Geneva or Sarah.
Summer & Fall Registration
- March 3-7
- Check your email for details.
- Appointment sheets posted on office doors on February 21.
- Sign up to see faculty advisor.
- Graduates should plan to register early to ensure enrollment.
AGTS Rings & Graduation Announcements
- To order a class ring, visit the AGTS Bookstore.
- To order your graduation announcements, call 1-800-543-7464.
Treasa Edmond—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1081
Spiritual Formation Requirement
- New students need to make an appointment with Dr. Jay Taylor to fulfill the Spiritual Formation requirement.
- Second semester students who have not met with Jay Taylor, please schedule an appointment to review the Wagner-Modified Houts Questionnaire.
- See Treasa Edmond to schedule an appointment or get a copy of the questionnaire.
- Thursday, February 21, 11:45 a.m.-1:00 p.m.
- Enjoy a time of fellowship with classmates, faculty and staff.
Alison Young —email@example.com or 268-1031
Word of Mouth Referrals
- Know someone interested in AGTS?
- Contact a member of the enrollment team to arrange a personal visit while an AGTS representative is in their area.
Institutional and Alumni Relations
Deborah Fegler—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1022
- Access the monthly AGTS Alumni Connection at www.agts.edu for news, announcements, resources, opportunities and events.
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—email@example.com 268-1035
- Scholarships for the spring term will be posted to student accounts by February 1.
- If you are a recipient, please review your February account statement carefully to make sure that the award and the accurate amount have been posted.
- Please report any discrepancies to the Business Office as soon as possible.
Deferred Payment Dates
- The second and third deferredpayments for the spring semester are due on or before February 15 and March 15.
- Payments must be received in the Business Office on or before these dates in order to avoid the $25 per month late fee.
Scholarship Applications for Fall 2008
- Scholarship applications for the fall semester are available in the Business Office.
- The forms must be completed and submitted by 4:00 p.m. on February 1.
- Awards will be determined by the Scholarship Committee and scholarship notifications made by March 15.
Continuing Education News
Barbara Touchstone—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1044
New AGTS Branch
- Branch Name: AGTS West at Sacramento
- Branch Director: Dr. Charles Self
- Location of classes: Capital Christian Center
- First class: PTHE 533—The Person of the Leader. Begins: February 7
- Dr. Randy Walls, Director of Continuing Education, will be visiting for the first class
and meeting the students!
- Stephen Lim
- Had the following articles in Enrichment Journal, Winter 2008
- Feature article: “Why Churches Don’t Disciple & How Yours Can”
- “Six Ways to Motivate Your Church for Serious Discipleship”
- "Discipleship for All of Life”
- "Four Hindrances to Discipleship”
- He also had the article, “Making Space for God to Fill and Transform,” printed in Encounter, the AGTS e-journal.
- Cheryl Taylor
- January 18-20—spoke at the Great Plains SALT gathering (a regional Chi Alpha conference) in Rochester, Minnesota
- January 25-February 2—ministered in Singapore
- Ray Gannon
- Taught two modular courses at The King’s Seminary in Los Angeles, October 29-November 3 on “The Spectrum of Jewish Religion” and “Isaiah and the Spirit of Prophecy.” This was the official launch of their new Messianic Jewish Studies program.
- Taught two 2-week courses at AG Bible College in Columbo, Sri Lanka (Hebrew Bible and Worldview: Customs and Culture in Theological Interpretation) and at Southern Asia Bible College in Bangalore, India (History of Jewish- Christian Relations) in November and December.
Thursday, August 12, 2010 11:37 AM