and Information for the AGTS Community
Third Hogan Lecture
- Dr. Ivan Satyavrata will present his third Hogan lecture on
November 3—11:00 a.m.
- Topic: “Friends in Mission— Following the Wind and Riding
- Immediately following the lecture, SAC will host a luncheon in the Great Hall.
- Please sign up in the Student Lounge.
AGTS Community Christmas Party
- Saturday, December 5
- 6-8 p.m. at Evangel University Dining Hall
- Plan to join friends, faculty and staff for a wonderful Christmas celebration.
- RSVP to SAC Office by November 25
- Topic: “Does God Exist?”
- Debators: Three AG faculty members (Charlie Self and two other faculty members from Springfield) vs. three faculty from MSU and around the country.
- Date: Friday, November 20, 2-4 p.m.
- Location: MSU Campus; building and room to be assigned.
- Thanksgiving Holiday—November 26-27
- Please open your home and make this a special season for the people of our community.
- If you do not have a place to go for Thanksgiving, please contact Treasa in the Student Services Office at 268-1081.
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- December 4-9—AG Executive Leadership Conference, San Antonio, Texas
- January 6-9—Fellowship of Evangelical Seminary Presidents, Clearwater, Florida
- January 18-19—Empower 21 Scholars Symposium sponsored by Oral Roberts University, Costa Mesa, California
AGTS Incredible Pizza Night
- Tuesday, November 10 at 6:00 p.m.
- All students, faculty and staff and their families are invited to join in an evening of fun and fellowship.
- There is no cost for AGTS community members, but an RSVP is required by Monday, November 9—Sign up in the Student Lounge.
- Includes unlimited pizza buffet and soda. Each participant will receive a $5 game card as well as free miniature golf.
Jan Maempa—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1014
Norma Simmons or Jill Way—email@example.com or 268-1070
Last Reminder for Fall Graduates
- Monday, November 2
- Comprehensive examination date and deadline for the analytical reflection paper.
SPS Scholarship Available
- The Society of Pentecostal Studies will award three $300 scholarships to students belonging to a racial/ethnic minority group and women to enable their participation at the upcoming SPS Annual Meeting—March 4-6, 2010—in Minneapolis, MN.
- For application details, see Jan Maempa or Treasa Edmond.
Spring 2010 Intercultural Ministries Practicums
- Domestic or foreign setting IM practicums should be approved January 4-15.
- Schedule an interview with Dr. Warren Newberry.
Thanksgiving Library Hours
- The library hours over the extended Thanksgiving weekend will be as follows:
- Wed., Nov. 25—9:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Fri-Sat., Nov. 27-28—10:00 a.m.- 6 p.m.
Sarah Clark—firstname.lastname@example.org or
- November 2-6
- Schedule appointment with advisor beginning October 29.
- Graduates should register early to ensure enrollment.
Student Portal Reminder
- Your academic schedule, degree audit and grades can all be viewed from the Student Portal—www.agts.edu/estudent
Enrollment Office News
Linda Smith—email@example.com or
- November 4—Southwestern Assemblies of God University, Waxahachie, Texas
- November 11—Zion Bible College, Haverhill, Massachusetts
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1028
Financial Aid Information
- If you are planning on receiving Federal Student Loans for the fall 2009 semester and have not
received them, please see Flo Byerly in the Financial Aid Office.
- If you have any further questions, please see Flo Byerly in the Financial Aid office, call her office at
268-1028, or email at email@example.com
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1035
Deferred Payments Dates
- The third deferred payment for the fall term is due November 15.
- In order to avoid late charges, payments must be made on or before that date.
- Please make sure your student account is up-todate by the end of the fall semester.
- Students whose accounts are not paid in full will not be permitted to enroll for any subsequent
semesters until their outstanding balance has been paid in full.
Thanksgiving Weeked Buidling Hours
- Please note the building hours during the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend:
- Wednesday, November 25—7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Thursday, November 26—Closed
- Friday, November 27—10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday, November 28—10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday, November 29—Closed
- Regular hours will resume Monday, November 30.
- As of mid-October, our alumni had committed $29,030 and this figure continues to rise as
new commitments are still being made. More than $21,000 has already come in. Thanks
again to all who contributed time, energy and resources to this annual event!
Teresa Edmond—email@example.com or 268-1081
Spiritual Formation Appointments
- All Spiritual Formation appointments with Dr. Jay Taylor need to be completed by December 7.
- Call Treasa at 268-1081 or stop by the Student Services Office to make your appointment.
- Daylight Savings Time ends Sunday, November 1.
- Don’t forget to “fall” back an hour.
Soul Quest Retreat
- The trip to the Assumption Abbey will be November 20-22.
- Call Treasa Edmond or stop by the Student Services Office if you are interested in attending.
Ava Olesonfirstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1082
- In October, the Doctor of Ministry Department celebrated a record-breaking number of cohorts with seven week-long modules.
- With 35 new participants, we launched two new cohorts: the CLR D.Min. Cohort and the Missional Leadership Cohort.
- Roger Cotton
- October 4—Preached at New Beginnings Revival Center on “Key Truths from Genesis 1-3 and 12-13: Relating the Old Testament Laws to Christians Today,” Waynesville, Missouri
- Angela Reid
- September 16-20—Traveled with a group of 8 AGTS counseling students to attend the American Association of Christian Counselors’ Conference, Nashville, Tennessee
- Doug Oss
- October 2—Preached at Central Bible College’s Campus Missions Fellowship
- October 19-20—Guest speaker at the Indiana Ministers’ Conference, Carmel, Indiana
- Mark Hausfeld
- October 1—Spoke for Central Bible College’s Missions Convention.
- October 3-7—Spoke for Missions Convention, Columbia, Tennessee
- Took Contextualized Theology class to the Islamic Center of Springfield for Jumaa Prayers and panel discussion with leaders of the Mosque and Islamic community in Springfield, Missouri
- October 11—Spoke for a missions service at Faith Christian Fellowship, Clarksburg, West Virginia
- October 16-18—Spoke on “Islam in America: Reaching Diaspora Muslims” for the Salvation
Army’s Midwest Regional Multicultural Ministries Seminar, Rolling Meadows, Illinois
- October 23-24—Spoke for Chi Alpha on “Reaching Muslims on the University Campus” at Eastern Michigan University, Ypsilanti, Michigan
- October 25—Spoke for missions convention at Christ Memorial Church, Poulsbo, Washington
- Lois Olena
- October 1-2—As the representative for the Society for Pentecostal Studies, attended
the Annual Meeting for the Interfaith Relations Commission of the National Council of Churches, Chicago, Illinois
- DeLonn Rance
- August 12-14—Presented a paper to the European Pentecostal Charismatic Research Association in honor of Edinburgh 1910, Oxford, UK
- September 9-11—Presented Bible School curriculum changes to Latin American
educators, Waxahachie, Texas
- September 24-25—Preached a special Missions Emphasis during the South India General Council, Chennai, India
- Visited churches in N. California, Nevada and across the U.S. in itineration to raise support as AG missionaries.
- Roger Cotton
- Wrote two book reviews for Encounter:
- Sandra L. Richter, The Epic of Eden: A Christian
Entry into the Old Testament (Downers Grove, IL: IVP Academic, 2008).
- Christopher J. H. Wright, The God I Don’t Understand: Reflections on Tough Questions of Faith (Grand Rapids, MI: Zondervan, 2008).
- James Hernando
- Wrote chapter on Continuationism (of miracles and the gifts of the Spirit)
and the response to Cessationism, in Preserving Evangelical Unity, published by Wipf and Stock, 2009.
Wednesday, August 18, 2010 2:28 PM