and Information for the AGTS Community
Second Hogan Lecture
- Wednesday, October 6, 2:00 p.m., in the William Seymour Chapel
- Dr. Ivan Satyavrata will present his second lecture entitled, “Mission 'Made to Travel' in a World without Borders.”
- Tuesday, October 6—12:00 a.m.-1:30 p.m. in the Great Hall.
- Immediately prior to the Hogan lecture, students, staff, and faculty are invited to enjoy a SAC lunch.
AGTS Girls’ Night Out
- Friday, October 2—7-9 p.m. at AGTS
- All women from the AGTS Community are invited to attend an exciting evening of fun and fellowship.
- Enjoy a light supper and delicious desserts.
- Childcare provided by Central Assembly of God. Reservation required by noon, Thursday, October 1.
- To RSVP attendance or childcare needs, contact Norma Davies at 268-1000 or email@example.com
- All ladies who RSVP by September 25 will be entered into a special drawing.
Holy Lands Study Tour
- May 10-June 4
- Students are encouraged to participate in this life-transforming and spiritually enriching experience.
- For full information and to make application, visit HolyLandsStudyTour.AG.org
- Application and deposit deadline is November 1.
- Credit options and scholarships are available.
- For questions not answered online, email Holy-LandsStudyTour@AG.org or call Joe Pence at 417-551-3447.
- The two week extension tour will follow the Missionary Journey's of Paul.
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- October 2-5—Leadership Summit and Ministry at First AG, Edenton, North Carolina
- October 8—School of Urban Ministry, Oakland, California
- October 9—Presidential Inauguration of Lew Shelton (MA, 1993) at Bethany University, Scotts Valley, California
- October 11—Missions Convention, Orange County First AG, Santa Ana, California
- October 13—Presidential inauguration of David DeGarmo (D.Min., 2004) at American Indian College, Phoenix, Arizona
Conversational Evangelism Conference
- When: October 23-24
- Location: Evangel Temple (2020 E. Battlefield)
- Conference fee: $30 for students (must show ID)
- AGTS credit option available. To receive graduate credit, tuition must be paid in addition to conference fee. If interested in receiving graduate credit, please contact Brian Nelmes or Shaun Barbour in the Continuing Education Office at 268-1044 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Domestic Violence Awareness Month
- Olivia Klaus, Dr. Klaus daughter, is a film producer whose latest film, Sin By Silence, will be shown at Evangel University, Barnett Recital Hall on Thursday, October 29 at 7 p.m.
- Sin by Silence is an emotionally packed documentary that tells the personal and shocking stories of women convicted of killing their abusive husbands. Yet despite prison walls, these women have learned from their past and advocate for a future free from domestic violence.
- AGTS is partnering with Evangel University's Social Work Club and PSI-CHI organization.
Jan Maempa—email@example.com or 268-1014
Norma Simmons or Jill Way—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1070
Attention Fall Graduates
- Monday, November 2
- Comprehensive examination date
- Analytical reflection paper deadline
AGTS Coaching Cohort
- New Cohort will launch February 2010.
- Applications must be received by the
Admissions Office before the end of October.
Space is limited.
- Contact Dr. Deborah Gill for further information.
Spring 2010 Practicums
- Students must apply and register for class
credit BEFORE doing a practicum; credit will
not be given for those requesting credit after
completing a practicum.
- October 6-9—Schedule interview with
- Pick up practicum form from Norma Simmons
or Jill Way, faculty secretaries. Forms for counseling practicums can be picked up from Jami Pool, counseling secretary.
- Counseling practicum applicants must
complete the required application and present
proof of malpractice insurance before approval.
Fall Study Week
- October 19-23
- Students are encouraged to use this
week to read, study, and write papers.
Daylight Savings Time Ends
- Don’t forget to turn your clock back
an hour on Sunday morning,
Treasa Edmond—email@example.com or
Spiritual Formation Requirement
- If you are a returning student and did not meet
with Dr. Jay Taylor last semester, please
contact Treasa Edmond to schedule an
- Pick up the Wagner-Modified Houts
Questionnaire from the Student Services Office.
- If you are a new student and have not made
your 30 minute appointment with Dr. Taylor,
please see Treasa Edmond to set up an appointment.
Seventh Annual Alumni Phonathon
- Thanks to everyone who helped
make the 2009 Phonathon a
- We appreciate all the student
callers, the alumni who made
financial commitments, and
faculty and staff who provided
meals, goodies, and prayer support.
- Final results coming soon!
- October 9, 6-9 p.m. in the Great Hall
- Don’t miss out on the fun!
Sarah Clark—firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Mark your calendars.
- Registration for the 2010 spring semester is scheduled for the week of November 2-6.
- More information will be forthcoming.
Register to Graduate in April 2010
- The Registrar’s Office routinely
sends messages via email.
- To ensure that you don’t miss
any important notices and/or
announcements, be sure to
notify the office if your email address changes
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—email@example.com or 268-1035
- Second deferred payment date is October 15.
- Payments must be received
on or before this date to avoid a $25 monthly late fee.
- If you have not received your Federal Stafford
Loan for the Fall 2009 semester, please see
Flo Byerly in the Financial Aid Office.
- Scholarships and tuition discounts for the fall
posted to student accounts in September.
Please review your next billing statement
- If you are expecting an award for the fall and it does not appear on your statement or if
the amount shown seems incorrect, please contact the Business Office as soon as possible.
Spring Scholarship Applications
- Scholarship applications for the 2010 spring
semester are available in the Business Office.
- Deadline: 4:30 p.m., Friday, October 16.
- Award notifications will be sent out by November 15.
- Students and staff may park vehicles on the north, south,
and west parking lots of the main
seminary building or on the paved
portions of the O'Reilly gym.
- Please do not park on the grass or in visitor spaces.
- Violators subject to a $10 parking fine.
- Charlie Self
- September 23-28—Traveled to
California to interview a 99-year-old
Holocaust survivor, whose story is the subject of a new book he is
writing. Dr. Self hopes to publish
this story in time for the Holocaust
survivor’s 100th birthday.
- While in California, he also spoke in a public school, a School of Ministry and a local church.
- James Hernando
- August 23—Preached during the morning worship service at New Beginnings Church in Waynesville, Missouri, and addressed their “School of the Prophets” class on the subject,
“John the Baptist and the Prophetic Spirit of Pentecost.”
- Professional Writing
- Stephen Lim wrote the cover article, “Why You Don’t Need a Savior,” for the September 20, 2009 issue of the Pentecostal Evangel.
- Angela Reid wrote a devotional entitled “Invitation to Intimacy,”published on the Pentecostal
Church of God Women’s Ministry website, For Every Woman.
- Mario Guerreiro will be visiting the AG college fair in Columbus, Ohio on October 3.
- Stephen Faircloth will visit the
following schools on recruitment trips during October:
- Chi Alpha groups in the Oklahoma City area
- Trinity Bible College
- Twin Cities Christian Graduate School and
- Seminary Fair at Northwestern College
- North Central University
- Minnesota State Moorhead Chi Alpha
- North Dakota State Chi Alpha
- Ozark Christian College
- College of the Ozarks Gradate School Fair
Thursday, August 19, 2010 1:19 PM