AGTS students in the Army can submit
requests for Tuition Assistance utilizing the DA FORM 2171
E Request For Tuition Assistance.
- DA FORM 2171 E
- Fill blocks 1, 2, 3, and 4 of the 2171 E. Be sure to
include the course title and course number, full amount
of tuition for that course (currently $335 per credit
hour), the start and end date of the classes, and the
other information requested on the form.
- If the start and end dates of any of
your courses are different, every course
that has a different start and end date must be submitted
on a different 2171E.
- Check with your education service officer
for the amount of tuition that will be
covered. Check with your education service officer for
the maximum amount you can receive per military fiscal
year from 1 October to 31 September.
- Note: In the Fall, if you will reach
your maximum, students can draw TA benefits after 1 October
by registering for modules, extension courses, directed
research, or other courses that begin after 1 October.
- Requests for Tuition Assistance must
be submitted prior to the beginning
date of the class; otherwise TA will not be awarded.*
- The AGTS Veterans Advisor can FAX TA forms free
of charge for AGTS students.
- For more detailed study and information, see AR 621-5 Chapter 6, enclosed below:
If you have questions or need more information about veterans
programs, please contact the Financial Aid/Veterans Advisor
at 417-268-1041, 1-800-467-2487 x 1041 or via email email@example.com.
* This is important for students who want to register for classes
at the start of the academic year. We must submit requests for
tuition assistance prior to the beginning of classes.
Wednesday, March 30, 2011 3:27 PM