AGTS News, Events and Publications
- Only 85 facebook likes away from a $1,000 donation for student scholarships! Go like the AG Credit Union's facebook page today!
- Priscilla Mondt ('88) honored as Champion of Change in White House ceremony
- "Creator and Redeemer" Listen to Jim Bradford speak during AGTS Passion Week. Join us for Passion Week services, March 25–28.
- Only 304 facebook likes away from a $1,000 donation for student scholarships! Go like the AG Credit Union's facebook page today!
- Join us for Passion Week services, March 25–28
- Great prizes at the 2013 AGTS Golf Tournament benefitting student scholarships, May 2. Register today!
- Randy Quackenbush ('87) is planting a church in Boston where only 2% of the population identifies themselves as Evangelical.
- "Failure to connect what is taught in the classroom to application in the world is a failure to embrace our Pentecostal distinctive." Read "Taking our students to Galilee" by missionary Ryan Jordan ('11)
- Watch or listen to the panel discussion on women in ministry/leadership with Bible and Theology Department faculty at AGTS (held March 11). Watch Part 1, Watch Part 2, Listen
- Listen to a panel discussion on women in ministry/leadership with Bible and Theology Department faculty at AGTS (held March 11)
- Charlie Self on vocation, social justice, wealth creation and more
- Charlie Self's new book on faith, work and economics featured in Acton Institute PowerBlog
- Have you biopsied your failures, or just walked away? "The Hard Conversations," by Rosemarie Kowalski ('03,'12)
- "Narrative: Tripping the Memory Banks of the Audience," an address delivered by veteran missionary and former AGTS president Dr. Del Tarr during a preaching and culture seminar at Trinity Evangelical Divinity School
- Assemblies of God Credit Union will donate $1,000 for student scholarships at AGTS once they reach 5,000 likes on their Facebook page. So... what are you waiting for?!
- Experience AGTS: Missions Night—Join us for dinner, laughs, live worship and two $1,500 scholarship giveaways, March 15, 2013
- AGTS Bible/Theology Department affirms women in ministry and leadership
- Check out Professor Debbie Gill's New Testament Theology of Discipleship, An Anthology, 2nd ed.
- "Obtaining Informed Consent in Missiologically Sensitive Contexts," by AGTS Professors Johan Mostert and Marvin Gilbert, International Bulletin of Missionary Research, Jan. 2013.
- Congratulations to Rachel Triska ('08, executive director at Life In Deep Ellum) who made the Catalyst list of young influencers!
- Read interview with Christa Zapfe ('04), lead pastor and first female sectional presbyter in AG Kansas District Council
- AGTS students, staff, faculty call and pray for more than 1,400 alumni during 2013 Prayerathon
- Register for the 2013 AGTS Golf Tournament benefitting student scholarships, May 3
- "Where is God when I need him?" Chapel message given by President Byron D. Klaus
- Check out the monthly Communiqué for news relevant to the AGTS community
- "The Man in the Back of the Room — and Other Issues Facing Women Preachers," an article by
Jodi Detrick ('00, D.Min. participant)
- Sign up to be notified when new issues of AGTS's International Journal of Pentecostal Missiology and Encounter: Journal for Pentecostal Ministry are released
- Speak the gospel in the language of your audience. "Exegeting Your Audience" by Professor DeLonn Rance ('83)
- God's grace can handle your baggage. "Blessings" Message given by Greg Mundis ('96) at World Missions Summit 3
- If evil men can work together around the world to enslave women for the sex trade, why can't Christians work together to free them? "Compassion" Message delivered by Beth Grant ('79) at World Missions Summit 3
- Are you ready for this? "Surrender" Message given by Dick Brogden, AGTS Ph.D. in Intercultural Studies participant, at World Missions Summit 3
- "God is worthy of your trust!" Listen to Professor DeLonn Rance's ('83) powerful message
- Paul Scholtz ('76) helps transform rodeo circuit
- Check out the first issue of AGTS's International Journal of Pentecostal Missiology
- What does responsible rhetoric in the service of Christ look like? "We Preach Christ Crucified: Rhetoric in the Service of Jesus Christ," by Professor Debbie Gill ('78,'79)
- Live Dead with AGTS Ph.D. participant Dick Brogden
- The conversation has begun! Watch keynote addresses and panel discussion from event "Flourishing Churches and Communities: Faith, Work and Economics in Spirit-Empowered Discipleship"
- Dr. Stephen Lim, AGTS academic dean, shares the message "Growing in the Areas Jesus Grew"
- Charlie Self authors new book, Flourishing Churches and Communities: A Pentecostal Primer on Faith, Work and Economics for Spirit-Empowered Discipleship
- AGTS CE Director Randy Walls quoted in Christianity Today article on second career seminarians
- Watch missionary David Grant ('78) preach the moving message "The God of Restoration"
- "Preaching that Actually Matters: 6 Keys to Forming Disciples" by AGTS academic dean Dr. Steve Lim
- Current Students: Sign up to pray for alumni during EACH ONE PRAY ONE, February 11-12, 2013
- AGTS to host special event "Flourishing Churches and Communities: Faith, Work and Economics in Spirit-Empowered Discipleship," January 29
- AGTS to host Summer Institute for Islamic Studies, July 1–12, 2013
- New blended online/on-campus M.A.C.M. Pastoral Leadership Cohort beginning now—one week on Springfield campus three times a year. No need to relocate!
- Consolidation prayer gathering to be live-streamed
- First of alum Craig Keener's 4-volume commentary on Acts released by Baker Academic
- Watch live—Dr. Mark Chaves, "Continuity and Change in American Religion" and "Why Megachurches?"
- Watch AGTS M.Div. student Peter Pyo talk about why he chose AGTS and what he loves about being here
- Evangel University to host public lecture on Milton, the great English poet, and his claims of Spirit-guidance, October 29
- Watch Grant Wacker speak on Billy Graham and the shaping of modern America
- "Testing Times," by Dr. Anita Koeshell, 2010-2011 J. Philip Hogan Professor of World Missions at AGTS
- Attend a free lunch and learn about graduate credit options for 2013 Summer Study Programs through AGTS and the Center for Holy Land Studies
- David Arnett ('76,'06) to lead Zion Bible College
- AGTS to host Summer Institute for Islamic Studies, July 1–12, 2013
- Watch the 2012 Day of Renewal Services
- AGTS named 2013 Military Friendly School by G.I. Jobs magazine for a second year
- Grant Wacker to speak on Billy Graham and the shaping of modern America, October 12
- Watch BOD member Johanna Townsend share her testimony about facing cancer, "Navigating a Life Interrupted"
- 77% of new resident students at AGTS received grants that lowered their tuition by 40%
See older headlines
Tuesday, May 7, 2013 6:33 PM