News: Dr. Carol Taylor appoints leadership team
Dr. Carol Taylor, President-Elect and Chief Executive Officer of the consolidated Evangel University, has made recommendations to the Board of Trustees for her leadership team. The Executive Committee of the board, empowered to act for the full board, ratified the following appointments.
- Dr. Glenn Bernet, current Vice President of Academic Affairs, has agreed to postpone his retirement and retain that post while a national search is conducted for a Provost for the University.
- Dr. Sheri Phillips will serve as Interim Vice President for Student Development. There will be a search for this position in light of Dr. David Bundrick's appointment as Dean of the School of Theology and Church Ministry.
- Mr. David Willemsen will serve as Vice President of Business and Finance/CFO, replacing Mr. George Crawford, Vice President of Business and Finance of Evangel. Mr. Crawford has announced his retirement effective June 28, 2013.
- Mr. Jim Williams will continue as Vice President for Institutional Advancement.
- Dr. Andy Denton will continue as Vice President of Enrollment Management.
- Dr. Byron Klaus will serve as President of the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary and a vice president of the University.
Once Dr. Taylor takes office in July, she will conduct a functional review of each executive area and set strategic priorities for the first 18 months. There will likely be other adjustments and appointments to develop the strategic leadership of the Office of the President to fully implement the consolidation.
Dr. Taylor stated, "I look forward to joining the consolidated Evangel University community this summer and am eager to begin working with the leadership team and consolidated communities. In this transitional year we will celebrate President Spence achieving 40 years of service; celebrate the three great legacies of Evangel University, Central Bible College, and the Assemblies of God Theological Seminary; and begin to discover the vision for the future as a consolidated, comprehensive university where we will continue to equip men and women to serve the church and the world."
Wednesday, May 1, 2013 8:36 PM