Why Scholarships Are Needed
- According to the National Student Loan Survey
today's graduate students borrow, on average, $31,700.
- Average percentage of monthly income which goes toward student
loan payment is 12.9 percent beyond their undergraduate loans.
This has increased 72 percent since 1997.
- Of all graduate students, 31 percent said loans caused them
to delay buying a home.
- Of all graduate students 10 percent said they had significantly
changed their career.
- The average monthly education loan payments for students who borrowed for graduate school are $273.
- When this is compounded by one student debtor marrying another, the effect can be devastating.
- Large education debts inhibit the student's ability to follow God's call into missions, church planting or inner city ministries.
How to Endow a Scholarship
Thursday, August 2, 2012 4:20 PM