Volume XXVIII, Number 8
and Information for the AGTS Community
- Saturday, April 24, 9-11 a.m.
- Special speaker: Jemma Bradley
- Location: Klaus residence
- No childcare will be available
- Sign up with Norma Davies at the front desk
Classes on Friday, April 9
- Offices are also closed, in observance
of Good Friday.
Work Study Job Opportunity
- Work study positions available
in the library at the end of the spring semester
- To apply for these
positions, contact Rick Oliver or Alaine Buchanan in the library.
Congratulations, Dr. Palm
- Dr.Melody Palmtook and passed her state
examinations and is now a licensed psychologist.
- This marks a significant milestone in Dr.
Palm’s life. We are proud of her success and what
it means for our counseling program.
2004-2005 SAC Officers
- President—Jean-Claude (JC) Duncan
- Vice President—Alaine Buchanan
- Treasurer—Kevin O’Shell
- Secretary—Molly Lawlor
- Student Ministries Rep.—Taurina Weldon
- Student Reps—Nathan Gonzalez & Myung
- Congratulations to our new SAC team!
Evaluation of Spring Classes
- April 12-16, students can evaluate each
of their spring resident classes
Comprehensive Examination Dates
- Summer Session I — June
- Summer Session II & Post session — July
- Contact Norma Simmons for further details
Admissions, Records & Financial Aid News
- To register for summer or fall classes,
contact the Records Office by Monday, May 3.
- The Records Office needs your forwarding
address, telephone and email.
- Stop by the office, email firstname.lastname@example.org,
or use the address update form at www.agts.edu
April Financial Aid Deadline
- The secondary deadline for fall/spring federal
financial aid is April 30. The benefits of observing
this deadline include:
- Electronic FAFSA allows prompt consideration
- Potential for receiving a Perkins
loan increases (based on funds on hand)
- Stafford Loan check available first
week of classes
- To qualify, the FAFSA and other forms must
be electronically submitted and processed by April 30.
final deadline for providing fewer benefits
for you is July 16.
- Contact the FA Office for details at 268-1028
Summer Stafford Loans Available
- There is still time to apply for a
student loan for this summer.
- The final deadline for completing
the process is April 2.
- If you need FA and are only taking
3 hours this summer, contact the FA Office.
Financial Aid Exit Interviews
- Students who are graduating or not planning
to return are required by the U.S. Department of Education
to complete a Financial Aid Exit Interview.
- Select one of the following dates to attend:
- Wednesday, April 7, 1:30 p.m. Room
- Thursday, April 8, 1:30 p.m. Room
Business Office News
Jeff Dornbusinessoffice@agts.edu or
- The AGTS Board of Directors met recently
and approved a 6% tuition increase, effective the fall 2004
term. The new hourly, masters-level tuition rate for
the fall is set at $335 per credit hour and $84 per audit hour.
- A recent study shows that the current average
educational cost at AGTS is $12,101 per student per year. Tuition
and fees cover $8,147 or 67% of this amount, and the remainder
is funded by a grant from the General Council of the Assemblies
of God (20%) and the contributions of churches, districts and
spiritual formation appointments must be completed with
Jay Taylor by Thursday,
- If you do not make your appointment it could
affect your summer and fall 2004 registration.
Day Light Savings Time
- Begins Sunday, April 4
- Spring your clock forward 1 hour when you
go to bed Saturday, April 3.
Good Friday/Easter Weekend
- Friday — 9 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Saturday — 9
Special hours for April 23-May
- Monday-Friday — 8
- Saturday & Sunday — Closed
- Regular hours will resume on Monday,
May 3, with the start of the first summer session
Mario Guerreiro trips
- April 7-9 — Life Pacific, LABI and Vanguard
- April 12-14 — Southern California District
- April 23-25 — ATS Span in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Jason Bowman Travel Itinerary
- April 20-21 — Southern Missouri District
- April 26-27 — Kansas District Council
- Her new book, God’s Women-Then
and Now, was released at the Conference for Women in
Ministry, March 10-12, published by Grace & Truth.
- This book is based on Barbara Cavaness’ course
on the "Theology of Women in Ministry" and on Deborah Gill’s
presentations on the subject.
- Taught on Deuteronomy at Evangel Temple,
Springfield, Missouri, for three Wednesday evenings.
Gary B. McGee
- Had two articles published: “True
or False?” Ministries
Today, March/April 2004, pp.
30-32, 37 and “A Dose of Truth,” Ministries
Today, March/April 2004, p. 32.
- Article entitled “Assemblies of God” was
just published in Encyclopedia
of Protestantism, edited by H.J.
Hillerbrand (New York: Routledge, 2004).
- Did deputational ministry in West Texas
over spring break
- Participated in the "Pentecostal Preachers
Week," Springfield, Missouri
- Served on a panel that discussed spiritual
gifts in postmodernity and presented a summary of his chapter
published in the conference book, Pentecostal
Gifts in a Postmodern Age.
- Read a paper at the Society for Pentecostal
Studies in Milwaukee, Wisconsin entitled “Globalization,
Pan-Ethnic Diaspora, and Hybridized People Groups: Essential
Concepts for Post-September 11 Pentecostal Missiology.”
Earl CrepsandStephen Lim