and Information for the AGTS Community
- Tuesday, January 17– Thursday, January 19
- Special Guest: Rev. Maurice Watson,
pastor of Beulahland Bible Church, Macon, Georgia
- Topic: “Proclamation: A Kingdom Imperative”
- Pastor Watson will be lecturing in several classes.
Further details to be announced.
- Pastor Watson will also interact with students during
a Q & A session at a SAC luncheon in the Great Hall.
- May 11-20
- Visit Berlin, Warsaw, Lodz, Krakow, Auschwitz-Birkenau
and Prague to gain an understanding of the history of European
Jewish civilization and the Jewish experience during World
- Contact Lois Olena at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Deadline: January 15
Spring Library Hours
- January 2–3, 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Regular spring hours begin on Wed., January 4
- Monday-Tuesday, 8:00
a.m.– 10:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, 8:00
a.m.– 10:00 p.m.
- Thursday, 8:00
a.m.– 10:30 p.m.
- Friday, 8:00
a.m.– 10:00 p.m.
- Saturday, 10:00
a.m.– 6:00 p.m.
- Sunday, Closed
- Any exceptions will be posted in advance.
Women’s Soup Night
- Ladies, mark your calendar for an evening of fun,
fellowship and delicious soup.
- Friday, February 3, 7 p.m.
- Watch for more details in your mailbox or email.
One Credit Courses—Spring 2006
- Leadership Teams (PTH 640)
- This approach is recognized by secular and Christian
experts to be a key in motivating leaders to take ownership
of the mission and to function at optimal levels.
- Instructor: Dr. Lori O’Dea
- Dates: January 20-21
- Sexual Integrity in the Church (PTH
- In our culture, Christian youth and adults, even
ministers, are vulnerable. Learn how to maintain and teach
purity. Protect your church from the legal & spiritual
consequences of moral failure.
- nstructor: Dr. Cheryl Taylor
- Dates: February 3-4
- Writing for Ministry & Publication (PTH
- Will your ministry involve writing website content,
educational materials, magazine articles, or
books? Learn how to develop the strong content, style,
and rewriting and marketing skills that you will need.
- Instructor: Dr. Stephen Lim
- Dates: January 13-14
Student Appointments with Faculty
- Sign up on the appointment forms posted by office
- If off-campus, contact the faculty secretary,
Norma Simmons, at 268-1070.
- Email faculty by using their first initial and last
name, as in this example: email@example.com.
Chaplaincy Scholarship Application
- Application form for Spring Chaplaincy Scholarships
are available in the Business Office.
- This scholarship applies to Military, Veterans
Affairs, Industrial and Institutional Chaplaincy students.
- Provided by the Assemblies of God Chaplaincy Department.
- Application deadline: Wednesday, January
Spring Course Changes
- Monday, January 23 is the final deadline to make
spring course changes in the Registrar’s Office.
- The tuition refund policy for spring courses dropped:
- 90% January 10-16
- 80% January 17-24
- 70% January 25-February 2
- No refund after February 2
Free Audit for Spouses
- The spouse of full-time student can audit one
class this spring free of charge.
- Register in the Records Office before
- You can download the "Student Spouse Registration
for Unofficial Audit" form at www.agts.edu.
- Pre-registration is Tuesday-Friday, March 7-10
Financial Aid News
To apply for 2006-2007 Student Loans
- Have the following items on hand:
- Your Department of Education PIN number
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver’s license
- Copy of your 2005 income taxes
- Go online to www.FAFSA.ed.gov
- Click on: “Fill out a FAFSA” or fill
out a “Renewal FAFSA” (for students who borrowed
- After completing the FAFSA, submit your request
with your PIN number. (The PIN serves as an electronic signature
and will transmit your FAFSA to the Financial Aid Office.)
Deadline for Late Spring Loans
- February 10 is the deadline to secure a Stafford
Loan for the spring semester.
- Forms are available at www.agts.edu.
Jennifer Berry —firstname.lastname@example.org
January Enrollment Trips
- Mario Guerreiro will be at Holmes Bible College,
South Carolina—January 20.
- Susan Doak will attend the AG basketball tournament
at North Central University, Minneapolis, Minnesota—January
- Nathaniel Rhoads—visiting Chi Alpha at the
University of Alabama—Mobile, Alabama.
Word of Mouth Referrals
- If you have friends or family who may be interested
in AGTS, please stop by the Enrollment Office and let us know. We
would be happy to provide them with further information.
- In the event that classes are canceled due to
severe winter weather, the major television and radio stations
in Springfield will be notified that the Assemblies of God Theological
Seminary (not the same as the Assembly of God Christian School)
has canceled classes.
- Before calling the Seminary, listen for such announcements.
- The Khoo Kay Peng Prayer Room is literally at
the center of the AGTS complex; we want to insure that it is
at the spiritual center of our life together.
- As we move into the new year, please make time
for prayer in the prayer room.
Spiritual Formation Requirement
- New students need to make an appointment with Dr.
Jay Taylor to fulfill the Spiritual Formation requirement. Please
see Lori in the Student Services Office to schedule an appointment
or call 268-1081.
- Second and third semester students who have not met
with Dr. Jay Taylor to review the Wagner-Modified
Houts Questionnaire, please contact Lori in the Student Services
Office to schedule an appointment or call 268-1081.
- Copies of this questionnaire can be picked up
in the Student Services Office.
Editors Needed for Spring 2006
- We are looking for students who would be willing
to help other students edit their papers. (You tell
us what you charge per page! )
- If you received “A’s” in
undergraduate English studies and would like to be on a list
of available editors, please contact Lori in the Student Services
Jeff Dornbusinessoffice@agts.edu or
Spring 2006 Scholarships
- Scholarships for the spring term will post to
student accounts after the add/drop period.
- If you are a recipient, please review your February
account statement carefully to make sure that the award and
the accurate amount have been posted.
- Please report any discrepancies to the Business
Office as soon as possible.
Deferred Payment Dates
- Deferred payments for the spring semester are
due on or before January 5, February 15 and March 15.
- Payments must be received in the Business Office
on or before these dates in order to avoid the $25 per month
Scholarship Applications for Fall 2006
- Scholarship applications for the fall semester will
be available in the Business Office in January. The forms
must be completed and submitted by 4:30 p.m. on January 31. Awards
will be determined by the Scholarship Committee
and scholarship notifications made by March
- Dr. Joseph Castleberry
- Traveled to Marlboro, New Jersey, on December 2,
to attend the Board of Directors meeting of the Doulos Community,
a ministry in North Africa.
- Dr. Roger Cotton
- Attended the annual national
meetings of the Institute for Biblical Research and the Society
of Biblical Literature in Philadelphia, November 18-22.
- Dr. DeLonn Rance
- Met with “Together in Mission,” a networking
committee of all AG missions agencies in Spanish speaking
Latin American, December 1-2. Included in the business was
the scheduling of the Third Latin American and First World
AG Missions Congress for April 24-27, 2007 in Buenos Aires,
focus is “It’s Time to Fulfill the Vision.”