and Information for the AGTS Community
AGTS Community Christmas Party
- Saturday, December 2
- 6-8 p.m. at Evangel University Cafeteria
- Plan to join friends, faculty and staff for a wonderful Christmas
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- November 5—Missions Convention, Visalia AG, Visalia,
- November 11-12—Board of Directors meeting for WorldServe,
Colorado Springs, Colorado
- November 13-14—speaking at Church of God Theological
Seminary, Cleveland, Tennessee
- Thanksgiving Holiday—November 23-24
- Please open your home and make this a special season for the
people of our community.
- If you do not have a place to go for Thanksgiving, please
contact Treasa in the Student Services Office at 268-1081.
Soul Quest Spiritual Retreat
- Each semester, the Student Services and Spiritual Formation
Office offer students the opportunity for a time of personal
and spiritual reflection and a restful retreat from their studies.
17-18—unique opportunity to
enjoy spiritual refreshment with the Trappist monks in Ava.
$25 per person
- Space is limited to 8 participants so sign up now
in the Student Services Office or call Treasa at 268-1081 for
AGTS Incredible Pizza Night
- Thursday, November 16 at 5:30 p.m.
- All students, faculty and staff and their families are invited
to join in an evening of fun and fellowship as a Community! There
is no cost for AGTS community members to attend this event. The
evening includes an unlimited pizza buffet and drinks. Each
participant will also receive a $5 game card to enjoy.
Jan Maempa—firstname.lastname@example.org or
Norma Simmons—email@example.com or
Last Reminder for Fall Graduates
- Monday, November 6
- Comprehensive examination date and deadline for the analytical
Summer 2007 Cross-Cultural Ministry Practicums
- Domestic or foreign setting IM practicums should be approved
before Tuesday, November 14.
- Schedule an interview with Dr. Warren Newberry.
Thanksgiving Library Hours
- The library hours over the extended Thanksgiving weekend will
be as follows:
Nov. 22 8:00
a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
Nov. 23 Closed
Nov. 24-25 10:00
a.m.- 6 p.m.
Nov. 26 Closed
2006 Hogan Lectures
- Dr. Johnson will present two additional lectures during
the fall semester:
- November 1—2:00-3:45 p.m.
- November 29—2:00-3:45 p.m.
Sarah Clark—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1025
- November 7-10
- Check your email the week of October 30-November 3 for
- Sign up to see faculty advisor.
- On October 30, appointment sheets will be posted on office
Register to Graduate in May 2007
- If you plan to complete all your degree requirements between
now and August 2007, please register to graduate in the Registrar’s
Office now as the deadline has passed.
Student Portal Reminder
- Your academic schedule, degree audit, and grades can all be
viewed from the Student Portal—www.agts.edu/estudent
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—email@example.com or 268-1028
Deadlines for Spring 2007 Loans
- November 3—Priority consideration deadline
- November 21—Final Deadline for non-priority service
- The following documents must be received in the FA Office in
order to receive financial aid (pertains to new students or students
who did not receive aid this Fall):
- If you have further questions, please see Flo Byerly in the
Financial Aid office or call her at 268-1028 or contact her by
email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Business Office News
Jeff Dorn—email@example.com or 268-1035
Deferred Payment Dates
- The third deferred payment for the fall term is due November
- In order to avoid late charges, payments must be made on or
before that date.
Spring 2006 Scholarships
- The Scholarship Committee met in October to determine scholarship
awards for the spring term.
- Notifications of the committee’s action will be placed
in student mailboxes.
- Application for fall awards will be available in the Business
Office in January.
Thanksgiving Weekend Building Hours
- Please note the building hours during the Thanksgiving Holiday
- Wednesday, November 22—7 a.m.-7
- Thursday, November 23—Closed
- Friday, November 24—10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday, November 25, 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday, November 26—Closed
- Regular building hours will resume on Monday, November 27.
Enrollment Office News
Jennifer Berry—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1031
Mario Guerreiro’s Travel
- Mario will be in California recruiting at the following schools:
- November 1—Life Pacific College
- November 3—Westmont College
- November 6—Vanguard University
- November 7—California Baptist University
- November 8—Azusa Pacific University
- November 9—Biola University
- November 19—Point Loma University
Word of Mouth Referrals
- If you have any friends or family who might be interested in
AGTS, please stop by the Enrollment Office and let us know. We
would be happy to provide them with further information.
Treasa Edmond—email@example.com or 268-1081
Spiritual Formation Appointments
- All Spiritual Formation appointments with Dr. Jay Taylor need
to be completed by December 8.
- Call Treasa at 268-1081 or stop by the Student Services Office
to make your appointment.
- Monday, November 20 from 11:45 a.m.– 1:30 p.m. in
the Great Hall.
- Don’t miss this opportunity for some fun, fellowship
and a great sub sandwich meal.
Miramonti—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1012
- Paul Martinez traveled to Boston, Massachusetts and Providence,
Rhode Island to meet with alumni and pastors.
- Paul Martinez and Al Palm traveled to Sacramento, California
and Bethany University to meet with alumni and pastors in the
area and to participate in Earl Creps’ Off-Road Disciplines
Commitments have exceeded our goal of $25,000! As of
mid-October, our alumni had committed $26,150 and this figure
continues to rise as new commitments are still being made.
- September 22—Taught a workshop at the National Women’s
Conference, The Gathering, in Minneapolis, Minnesota
- Sept 9-11—Was the keynote speaker for a women’s
conference for the Northwest Ministry Network. The conference
was held in Canon Beach, Oregon and 225 women attended.
- Honored by the mayor of Springfield for completing 6 years
(two terms) on the volunteer citizens Environmental Advisory
Board for Springfield and Greene County.
- April 25-May 2—presented two sessions at
Hawaii District Council
- May 14—spoke to the women at the National Chaplains Conference
- August 25-27—speaker for North Dakota Keen Kamp
- September 29-October 1—Women’s retreat and Sunday
service speaker at Promise International Fellowship, New York
- Wrote “Called Alongside: The Roles of the
Paraclete in Discipleship,” in Enrichment Journal,
Fall 2006, 116-119. Focusing on the verb parakaleo,
the article spotlights insights into what the Holy Spirit is
called alongside to do in the life of a Christ follower.
- Wrote, New Testament Greek II, An Independent Study
Textbook published October
2006 by Global University Press. It is the second volume
of Dr. Castleberry’s introductory Greek grammar.
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:22 AM