and Information for the AGTS Community
AGTS Community Christmas Party
- Saturday, December 1
- 6-8 p.m. at Evangel University Dining Hall
- Plan to join friends, faculty and staff for a wonderful Christmas celebration.
- RSVP to SAC Office by November 16
2007 Hogan Lectures
- Dr. Mark Hausfeld will present two additional lectures during the fall semester:
- November 14—2:00-3:15 p.m.
- December 4—1:30-2:45 p.m.
Where in the World is Dr. Klaus?
- November 6-7—Oklahoma District Council, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
- Thanksgiving Holiday—November 22-23
- Please open your home and make this a special season for the people of our community.
- If you do not have a place to go for Thanksgiving, please contact Treasa in the Student Services Office at 268-1081.
AGTS Incredible Pizza Night
- Thursday, November 6 at 6:00 p.m.
- All students, faculty and staff and their families are invited to join in an evening of fun and fellowship as a Community!
- There is no cost for AGTS community members to attend this event.
- The evening includes an unlimited pizza buffet and drinks. Each participant will also receive a $5 game card to enjoy.
- As of mid-October, our alumni had committed $25,645 and this figure continues to rise as new commitments are still being made. More than half of this amount has already come in. Thanks again to all who contributed time, energy and resources to this annual event!
Pastor in Residence
- Doug Green, pastor of North Hills Church in Brea, California, will be at AGTS November 5-9 as pastor-in-residence.
- He will speak in chapel services, teach in several classes and interact with students and faculty.
Jan Maempa—firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1014
Norma Simmons—email@example.com or 268-1070
Last Reminder for Fall Graduates
- Monday, November 5
- Comprehensive examination date and deadline for the analytical reflection paper.
Summer 2008 Cross-Cultural Ministry Practicums
- Domestic or foreign setting IM practicums should be approved before Tuesday, November 13.
- Schedule an interview with Dr. Warren Newberry.
Thanksgiving Library Hours
- The library hours over the extended Thanksgiving weekend will be as follows:
- Wed., Nov. 21—8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.
- Thurs., Nov. 22—Closed
- Fri-Sat., Nov. 23-24—10:00 a.m.- 6 p.m.
- Sun., Nov. 25 — Closed
Sarah Clark—firstname.lastname@example.org or
- November 5-9
- Check your email for details.
- Sign up to see faculty advisor.
- On October 29, appointment sheets will be posted on office doors.
- Please see the student handbook for guidelines related to privacy of student records at: www.agts.edu
Register to Graduate in May 2008
- Planning to complete all your degree requirements between now and August 2008?
- Register to graduate now in the Registrar’s Office.
Student Portal Reminder
- Your academic schedule, degree audit, and grades can all be viewed from the Student Portal—www.agts.edu/estudent
Financial Aid News
Flo Byerly—email@example.com or 268-1028
Deadlines for Spring 2008 Loans
- November 2—Priority consideration deadline
- November 19—Final Deadline for non-priority service
- The following documents must be received in the FA Office in order to receive financial aid (pertains to new students or students who did not receive aid this Fall):
- Financial Aid Application (all students)
- Stafford Loan MPN if this is your first semester at AGTS
- AGTS Financial Aid Form—form can be found at www.agts.edu under Current Student, Your Account, Financial Aid, Fall 2007 and Spring 2008 Electronic Federal Financial Aid Process (E-flow). Finally, click on Returning Student or First Time borrower.
- If you have further questions, please see Flo Byerly in the Financial Aid office or call her at 268-1028 or contact her by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are expecting VA benefits and have not received them, please stop by the Financial Aid Office.
Business Office News
Steve Miramonti—email@example.com or 268-1035
Deferred Payment Dates
- The third deferred payment for the fall term is due November 15.
- In order to avoid late charges, payments must be made on or before that date.
Spring 2008 Scholarships
- The Scholarship Committee met in October to determine scholarship awards for the spring term.
- Notifications of the committee’s action will be placed in student mailboxes.
- Application for fall awards will be available in the Business Office in January.
Thanksgiving Weekend Building Hours
- Please note the building hours during the Thanksgiving Holiday weekend
- Wednesday, November 21—7 a.m.-7 p.m.
- Thursday, November 22—Closed
- Friday, November 23—10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Saturday, November 24—10 a.m.-6 p.m.
- Sunday, November 25—Closed
Alison Young —firstname.lastname@example.org or 268-1031
Prospective Students’ Event
- When: November 12, 8:00 p.m.
- Where: Lighthouse Lanes
- What: Time of fun and games for prospective students. Bowling and pool tables are provided as well as Cheezie’s Pizza.
- Who: Current students are encouraged to come mingle with potential students and bring friends who are interested in attending AGTS.
Word of Mouth Referrals
- If you have any friends or family who might be interested in AGTS, please stop by the Enrollment Office and let us know. We would be happy to provide them with further information.
Treasa Edmond—email@example.com or 268-1081
Spiritual Formation Appointments
- All Spiritual Formation appointments with Dr. Jay Taylor need to be completed by December 7.
- Call Treasa at 268-1081 or stop by the Student Services Office to make your appointment.
- Monday, November 19 from 4:45 p.m.-6:00 p.m. in the Great Hall.
- Don’t miss this opportunity for some fun, fellowship and a great sub sandwich meal.
- James Hernando
- June 11-15—Taught a MATS module at AIBC in Phoenix, Arizona
- Roger Cotton
- September 13—Spoke and did a Q&A Session on OT for the Young Life Christian student group at Central High School in Springfield, Missouri
- September 23—Preached at First Assembly of Lake City, Missouri.
- Angela Reid
- Attended the American Association of Christian Counselor’s World Conference along with several AGTS counseling students and alum.
- Deborah Gill
- September 21-22—Spoke at a Women’s Conference, “A Spa for the Soul” at First AG in New Iberia, Louisiana
- October 6—Spoke at a Women’s Breakfast, Oak Grove AG, Springfield, Missouri
- October 23—Spoke at Community of Christ Church, Springfield, Missouri
- October 15-19—provided training on Advanced Coaching, The Language of Coaching, and The Coach Approach to Evangelism and Discipleship.
- Study Guide for God’s Women—Then and Now, 2007, has just been released in English. It was first published in India this summer in 6 languages. The book was featured in a Global Publishers Conference in India. For that purpose a short video, “A Conversation with the Authors,” was produced and played at the conference.
- Deborah and her husband, Jan, came in 4th in the M-16 Invitations Sailboat Regatta in Neenah, Wisconsin and 6th in the Championship Regatta in Oshkosh, Wisconsin and 10th in the National Regatta in Little Egg Bay, Barnagat Bay, New Jersey.
- DeLonn Rance
- September 14-20—spoke at a Minister’s Institute/General Council of the International Assemblies of God in Johannesburg, South Africa. In two days, he spoke 7 times challenging them to develop and implement a strategic plan for missionary activity.
- October 15-18—Met in Tegucigalpa, Honduras with national executives from 14 Spanish-speaking countries to strategize on missions mobilization and ministerial formation
- October 22-26—taught “Anthropology and Communication in Theological Perspective” to AG missionaries in language school and missiological formation at Cincel, San Jose, Costa Rica
- Cheryl Taylor
- September 26-27—preached in chapel at Southwestern University, Waxahachie, Texas for their Purity Seminar; also spoke in various classes.
- October 12-24—ministry in Singapore
- October 25-27—visited India to assist SABC in the development of a Doctor of Ministry program.
- Randy Walls
- October 4-8—attended the N. California-Nevada Lay Leadership Summit at Capital Christian Center in Sacramento, California to promote the new AGTS branch campus; preached in three chapel services at the state correctional facility (prison) in Soledad, California.
Friday, June 16, 2006 10:22 AM