At AGTS, mid-morning, afternoon and evening chapel services are held several times a month to foster the spiritual life of the community. Faculty, staff, students and special off-campus speakers contribute to these services which provide the opportunity for corporate worship in the midst of daily academic activities. Classes scheduled concurrently with service will be released for the duration of the chapel and community time in order for the body to worship and fellowship together. While attendance at chapel is not required, students are encouraged not to miss these opportunities for spiritual refreshment, betterment and growth.
In addition to AGTS chapel services, Evangel University offers bi-weekly chapel services to which AGTS students are invited. Often, AGTS and EU will partner to offer a combined service. These are unique times for the entire Evangel and AGTS community to gather in corporate worship and fellowship. All students, staff and faculty are welcome.
See our Chapel Schedule.
Watch STCM Chapels live!
Chapels organized and led by students within the School of Theology and Church Ministries (STCM) at Evangel University (of which AGTS is a part, offering masters programs) are held each week on Monday's at 10 a.m. at AGTS. Watch these chapels live. Learn more about STCM.
During the spring semester special guest lecturers address topics of
interest to seminarians. Past lecturers have included:
- Miriam Adeney, "World Christian Connections"
- Len Bartlotti "The Gift of Apostleship"
- Alice Curtis, Donald Johns, and Bryan Sanders, "Ministry of
Conflict Resolution in the Church"
- Richard Dresselhaus, "Ministry, Management, and Mediation"
- Paul Hiebert, "Missions"
- Steven Land, "Pentecostal Spirituality and Leadership"
Lingenfelter, "Transforming Culture"
- Frank Macchia, "Life in the Spirit"
- Russell Spittler, "Marks of Christian Community"
- Siang-Yang Tan, "The Holy Spirit in Counseling"
- Ingrid Trobisch, "Family Life"
- Grant Wacker, "Exploring the Everyday Lives of Early Pentecostals"
- Maurice Watson, "Proclamation: A Kingdom
- George Wood, "Pastoral Leadership"