News: Earn graduate credit at Compassion Forum
AGTS is offering graduate credit at the AG International Ministries' Compassion Forum in St. Louis, Mo., August 17-21. The forum is being held in conjunction with one-day seminars for ministering
to children and persons with HIV/AIDS.
The forum is designed for AG missionaries and associates involved in compassion ministries.
AGTS students are welcome to register.
The forum will examine frameworks of theory and practice that build on present knowledge of compassion outreach, while offering
exposure and training in new paradigms of compassionate ministry. Information will be presented to enhance the missionary’s ability to provide compassionate care to those in need in a manner which will build capacity of those being served, allow for ownership of solutions, have long-term benefit and will be sustainable. The forum will provide interaction with others in similar ministries and help to evaluate and contextualize information for specific people groups and regions.
Monday: Day of the Child
- The State of the Child Worldwide
- God’s View of the Child
- Theological Implications of
Ministry to Children
- Models of Ministry to Children
- Building Effective Child-Ministry Models
Tuesday-Thursday: Compassion Forum
Friday: HIV/AIDS Day
- History of Assemblies of God
- Compassion Ministries
- Striving For Best Practice
- Case Studies
- Examining Relief & Development
- Avoiding Compassion Fatigue
- Special Interest Groups
– Child Care
– Trafficking/Women’s Issues
– Health Initiatives
– Economic Development
– Community Health Evangelism
- Sustainability Dialogue & Case Studies
- Income Generation & Appropriate Technology
- Regional Application Breakouts
- Prayer for the Nations
- Worldwide Pandemic Implications
- The Church’s Response to HIV/AIDS
- Prevention & Intervention
- Strategies for the Church
- Awareness Programs
- Guest Lectures by International HIV/AIDS Specialists
Contact International Ministries:
1445 N. Boonville Ave.
Springfield, MO 65802
(417) 862-2781, ext. 2053
For graduate credit through AGTS, contact Randy Walls (1-800-467-AGTS; firstname.lastname@example.org).
Monday, July 19, 2010 11:03 AM